The Joint M.Tech. Degree programme will be full-time, and the duration shall be for a minimum period of 18 months (3 semesters) and a maximum of 24 months (4 semesters). The duration shall comprise two semesters of course work and an intensive period of research work and thesis writing based on a research proposal submitted and approved at the end of the second semester.
In addition to satisfying other University regulations, the student must have:
- Scored an average of 50% in the course work, and must also obtain a minimum grade of 50% in the M.Tech Thesis Project according to the regulations of the School Postgraduate Studies, FUTA;
- Accumulated at least 44 course units for those enrolled in Satellite Communication and Basic Space Physics options, at least 42 course units for those in Satellite Meteorology option and at least 48 course units for those enrolled in Remote Sensing and GIS option;
- Successfully presented two thesis project seminars, proposal and final seminars; and
- Successfully completed and defended a research and defended a research thesis in an oral examination.
Applicants must have read and understood conditions for admission before applying:
1. Application Form Fee = #25'000 (Non-Refundable)
2. Admission Acceptance = #25'000 (Payable One Week after Admission is given)
3. School Fees = #350'000 (50% must be paid by first week of first semester registration; remaining 50% is paid by first week of second semester registration).
4. The Programme is Full Time with First Semester (6 months) at Federal University of Technology, Akure; while Second Semester (6 months) is at ARCSSTEE, Ile Ife.
The remaining 6 months is for research seminars and thesis presentation.
5. Please note that the account details for the Masters Programme is:
Dr O. R. Oladosu: 08035692309
Ebeiyamba Okon: 08035967162
- Completed application form received without proof of payment will not be considered for admission.
- Hard copies of the completed forms with evidence of payment and transcripts should be sent to:
Co-ordinator, Post Graduate Programmes, African Regional Centre for Space Science and Technology Education-English (ARCSSTEE),Yellow House, P.M.B. 019, O.A.U. Post Office, Ile Ife, Nigeria.