Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a scholarship to pursue an 18-Months Master Programme leading to M.Tech in Space Science and Technology Degree with bias in Remote Sensing/ GIS. The project is funded by the African Union Commission in collaboration with the European Union under the GMES & African Project.
Candidates should meet the requirements for admission to a graduate program in the African Regional Centre for Space Science and TechnologyEducation-English (ARCSSTEE) in collaboration with Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA). Candidate should have a good B.Sc or equivalent in Hydrology,Earth Science, Geology or related field with at least a Second-Class Lower Division from a reputable university.
The MiFMASS project is made up of a consortium of 7 institutions from five (5) West African countries (Nigeria, Ghana,Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, and Benin). The project is led by the Center for Space Science Technology Education (CSSTE),Obafemi Awolowo University Campus, Ile Ife, Nigeria.
For more information, visit the GMES website: http://gmes-mifmass.net/mifmass/
The successful candidate is expected to enroll in April, 2019 and will work with the project partners and pursue his/her thesis within the project’s study area (Ogun-Osun River Basin), South West Nigeria.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
The following shall be considered in the selection of a suitably qualified candidate for this scholarship:
- Candidate must have met the conditions stated above;
- In addition, candidate must have submitted a proposalwhich will be assessed by a competent panel established by the Institution;
- The candidate must have passed an interview session to be conducted by a panel of experts in the area;
- A strong background in Remote Sensing and hydrological modeling will be an advantage;
- Candidate must submit two (2) confidential letters of recommendation.
All documents should be submitted to:
Centre for Space Science and Technology Education –English
P.O. Box 019
O. A.U Post Office,
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before Friday, March 29 , 2019.